Tips and tricks on how to gain access to all the amazing free speech and language resources out there – for all you speech therapists, special education teachers, autism educators, ESL teachers, and preschool teachers!
There are THOUSANDS of free resources out there waiting to be found. When I first started working I would use Google to try and find resources with hit or miss results. Over the years I’ve discovered much better ways to find freebies!
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT) – Search TpT for free speech therapy materials. Select the categories: “speech therapy” (under the specialty category) and “free” before searching. There are over 7,000 FREE products ready to be automatically downloaded!
- SLPs on TPT Newsletter – Every Sunday, Kathryn from Teaching Talking sends out a newsletter with free speech products, as well as some great paid ones and informative blog posts. You can sign up here: https://teachingtalking.com/newsletter/
- SLP Materials Club – A new SLP author is featured every week on this facebook page. They share a freebie, giveaway, and deals. www.facebook.com/slpmaterialsclub/
- Follow sellers – Some sellers discount new products for the first day or two and will have spontaneous flash freebies. Staying up to date on sellers can benefit you immensely! You can do this by following their blogs, TpT store, and on social media. Tip: Most blogger newsletters you sign up for will send you a freebie immediately!
- Pinterest – I know, Pinterest. A lot of people view Pinterest as social media, but it’s not. It’s a search engine! You’ll more likely find what you’re looking (and quicker) if you use Pinterest over Google. Also, there are collaborative boards on Pinterest where SLP authors combine and post their freebies. These are great boards to follow to see lots of freebies in one place!
Lastly, this isn’t free, but noteworthy:
#SLPMustHave – Many SLP’s on TpT discount one of their products 50% off on the 7th of every month. A huge savings that you don’t see any other time! Use the hashtag #Jan17SLPMustHave (substituting the month appropriately) on TpT and social media to see what products are 50% off. There is a facebook page to remind you and see what resources will be discounted ahead of time: https://www.facebook.com/groups/slpmusthavesale/
Do you have any other go-to ways you find free materials?
Speaking of freebies, I’ll send you some straight to your inbox now!