Social skills activities for kids! Use this thorough no print product designed to work on a variety of pragmatics in social skills groups or one-on-one. No print activity -great for speech teletherapy!
These interactive activities will give your students control of the situations and questions presented. There are 72 social situations included.
Use these activities individually or in groups. The more complex cards are great for discussions.
The activities in this product are organized in order from easiest to hardest. Keep in mind, many of these questions don’t have one right answer. In fact, the answer can be very different based on circumstances. If you find a question too difficult for the child you are working with, try asking a different question that is more direct (e.g. Instead of asking “What should you do?” Ask: “Since she appears to be feeling upset. What can you ask her?”)
Download the PDF preview above and zoom in to see more sample questions!
Includes fill-in-the-blank and multiple-choice questions features.
- Introducing yourself
- Initiating conversations
- Making friends
- Asking & answering questions
- Body language
- Topic maintenance
- Identifying the problem & solution
- Asking questions to clarify
- Giving and receiving compliments
- Dealing with emotions
- Good sportsmanship
- Peer pressure
School Situation Cards
- 16 situations with fill-in-the-blank responses
- These situations are the most basic and result in a straightforward answer.
- Pages discussing “Introducing Yourself and Starting Conversation”, “Asking & Answering Questions”, and “Body Language”.
- 18 multiple-choice questions
Pick Your Adventure Pragmatics Book
- The student makes 3 choices: Choose a school location, choose if it’s a new school or your same school, choose if they have their teacher or a substitute
- When the choices have been made, the students is given a scenario for the choices picked. There are 24 possible options to choose from with fill-in-the-blank answers.
- These scenarios require more complex social thinking and awareness.
Social Experience Web Maps
- “Going on a field trip to the zoo” and “You have a presentation in class”
- Start at the beginning of the experience and make your way to the end, with various social situations presented. The student is asked to find solutions incorporating many pragmatic skills with fill-in-the-blank answers.
Personal Reflection Worksheet
- Single page with questions about difficult social situations and how to overcome them.
WHAT ARE BOOM CARDS?
Boom Cards are digital task cards that you play on the Boom Learning website. They are easy and fun to use!
- No printing, cutting, laminating
- Use with internet-connected devices: computers, tablets, Smartboards
- Data tracking with a paid subscription
You will receive a link to the task cards on the Boom Learning website when you download this resource. You will be asked to sign in to your account or create a free account. All purchased decks can be found in your Library. Boom Cards are accessed and used on the Boom Learning website. There is no need to download, save, or print.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. Use this resource on a tablet, computer, or Smartboard!
This is a digital product that will be available for download upon purchase. Due to the nature of this product, there are no returns.
Do not share or email this document with anyone. Permission to copy for individual use only. If you would like to share with other therapists or teachers, please direct them to my store. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form is strictly forbidden. Do not modify or alter this document.