Welcome! I’m Allison, a speech and language resource author. I have primarily worked with diagnoses of autism, Down syndrome, and developmental delays in schools K-12 and private practice. My interests include early language development, language disorders, as well as understanding and incorporating sensory strategies into my sessions. I also have a daughter who is cleft-affected, which began a special interest in this particular population!
I love creating functional resources, providing inspiration and ideas for your caseload, and helping you streamline therapy planning.
My journey in creating resources began when I realized most of the materials I was using weren’t targeted to teach my pre-verbal, low-attention students effectively. I realized I needed to adjust my teaching to each child’s learning style, and that the best learning happened when it didn’t feel like work!
My speech therapy resources are interactive and engaging. They are easily adaptable to target a variety of goals and use with many different students. Whether you are an SLP, SLPA, special education teacher, ESL teacher, behavioral therapist, or parent, I hope you find my resources helpful! I especially love creating no prep and no print resources.
I also began making clipart to use in my resources and started selling them for other teachers to use in their educational materials! The images I create are functional and versatile. They are appropriate for both older and younger students, and are intentionally made to be useful in teaching language concepts and life skills.
Find me featured on the following Podcasts:
- Real Talk SLP – Tips or Taking Language Samples
- De Facto Leaders – Cleft Palate, Resonance Disorders, and Market Research
- Hearing Mamas Podcast – Early Language Development
- The Autism Outreach Podcast – Language Development Milestones
- SLPs Wine and Cheese – Velopharyngeal Insufficiency
- SLPs Wine and Cheese – Less is More
- Speechy Things – Hello from the Other Side: Becoming a NICU Mom
- The Unexpected Podcast – Cleft Palate
- Real Talk SLP – Supporting Children with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Speechie Side Up – Getting to Know Allison
Find me featured in the ASHA Leader magazine:
- Mar 2021 edition
- Mar 2020 edition
- Jun 2019 edition
- Jan 2018 edition