Interactive book for special education! Target language goals (categories, associations, following directions, making inferences) while learning about the zoo! Interactive books are go-to materials in speech therapy for expanding language.
➜ The open-ended nature of these resources allows flexibility in teaching many concepts.
➜ These books keep minds engaged and hands busy – Kids love to move the pieces and be in control of the activity!
➜ They are easily adapted to different levels of learners.
➜ Perfect on-the-go therapy tool for traveling SLPs.
➜ They are easily used in mixed groups and from session-to-session.
The PDF includes the pages to assemble the interactive flipbook (example on first thumbnail). The book includes 8 scenes and 17 pieces. The book allows you to flip through the scenes and move the picture onto the pages keeping hands busy and engaged to learn.
In addition to the interactive book, the PDF includes (in color and black & white):
- 1-step, 2-step, and 3-step directions for student to follow using the interactive book
- Wh questions to use with the interactive book
- Inference cards: 2 levels
- Category cards
- Match up association worksheet: Draw a line from each animal to where it is from – savannah or forest.
- Comparing and contrasting: Work on categorization skills by saying or writing the similarities and differences between the two zoo animals listed.
- Reinforcer: Use as a reinforcer game (with bingo chips or dot markers) for 10 trials with the WH questions, category, or inference cards.
- Language development charts
You can generalize or implement any of these concepts and more into the interactive flipbook! All pages are in color and black and white.
Assembly of books required. I recommend laminating for durability and one-time creation and using sticky tack for freedom of placement of the people/items for the scene.
▶️ Watch this video to see how I assemble the interactive books.
Check out the preview to see what’s included!
⭐ RELATED PRODUCTS ⭐
This is a digital product that will be available for download upon purchase. Due to the nature of this product, there are no returns.
Copyright © Allison Fors, Inc. All rights reserved by author.
Do not share or email this document with anyone. Permission to copy for individual use only. If you would like to share with other therapists, teachers, or parents please direct them to my store. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form is strictly forbidden. Do not modify or alter this document.